Everyone seems to know that the key to losing weight would mean eating less and exercising more…..if only it were that simple. I have compiled a few simple and crucial dieting tips below for everyone.
1. Think about what you can modify or add to your diet rather than on just focusing on what to take away. Also, focus on having the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. When you do this you will feel less hungry and lets not forget all the benefits of phytochemicals that help you in the prevention of certain diseases.
2. Consider if you really are hungry or are you eating to satisfy some other emotional feeling.
3. Drink plenty of water or other calorie free beverages. If you don’t like plain water try adding citrus or brew infused teas.
4. If you really have to have a night-time snack be very selective on what you will be snacking on. Have a low-calorie snack or for example a graham cracker with peanut butter.
5. Still enjoy your favourite foods but in moderation.
6. Eat several mini meals a day. Enjoy four to six mini meals throughout the day and make dinner your last meal of the day.
7. Eat protein at every meal. Consuming enough protein helps you build muscle mass and burn fat while keeping you full.
8. Be physically active in any way that you can.
9. Most importantly, get enough sleep. Too little sleep, and your body won’t function and you’ll gain and retain weight.
Every single thing you do uses energy. Therefore, there are a few things you can do to be a fast burner. Cardio revs up your metabolism at the time and hours afterwards. Again, I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to get enough sleep as if you don’t the next day you decrease your metabolic rate by 5%. Finally, the primary fuel for our brain is blood sugar and in order to keep these blood sugar levels on a high you must eat partial meals throughout the day. Low blood sugar levels leaves you with less muscle which makes your metabolism drag.
Take these useful tips and incorporate them into your lifestyle change/diet and you will accomplish exactly what you have set out to. Are you up for the Challenge in maintaining a healthy lifestyle for years to come? Take charge of your New Year’s Resolution Now!!!